Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall

I love this time of year. The crisp weather makes me crave the outside. Tonight my kids and I met my sister-in-law and my practically brand-new nephew at a local park. We only walked for about an hour, long enough for the fall air to invigorate my soul.
The view at the end of our walk. It was beautiful. The sun was bright and clear.

Look at the sky, crystal clear.

Even the dogs had a great time....they went right into the water even though it was freezing!


Beautiful fall colors.

My son and I at the nature center. I knew he was getting big, but we're practically the same size!

Times like these bring so much joy into my life. It is difficult balancing all the work of life without trying to find time for fun. But fun is what it is all about! It doesn't need to cost money, and it doesn't need to be planned. It seems that almost all of life's great moments are unplanned, unstructured, simple, and without any expectations. All that is required is the setting of the stage. This means putting down the dish rag or the vacuum (or laundry!), and definitely shutting off the TV. It means being present in this moment and not wishing life away. It means embracing this life and living it to its absolute fullest!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting my little blog. I love your Autumn in New York pic's. I am a New Yorker also...Poughkeepsie to be exact. So happy I have a new blog and a fellow fabric lover to follow ;-)

    ReplyDelete